Why Should I Stage My Home?
Below are recent statistics explaining how staging can make such a difference in not only the photos and marketing of a home, but also the amount of money a seller can make. We live in a virtual world where 99% of home buyers find your home online first. Wouldn’t you want to give them the BEST POSSIBLE “first impression” you could potentially give?
Do I Have To Pay For Staging?
One of the many benefits of working with our team is we pay for the first month of staging (where most of the costs lie) and 50% of the cost for months 2 and 3, if needed. This is just one of the ways our team stands out from the rest!
Benefits Of Home Staging:
The following data comes from the Real Estate Staging Association Publications, the National Association of Realtors and Professional Staging:
• 85% of staged homes sold for 5 to 23% over their listing price.
• 22% of sellers’ agents reported a 1% to 5% increase in selling price for homes that had been staged versus homes that were not.
• Home staging brings in an 8-10% return on investment.
• A staged home spends 73% less time on the market than a non-staged home.
• 81% of homebuyers say that a staged home makes it easier for them to sell their home.
• Staging a home on the market increases the sale price of the home on average anywhere from 1-10% according to 50% of home real estate agents.
Why Staging Works:
According to the National Association of Realtors and Homelight:
• Staging had no effect on only 4% of buyers.
• 47% of buyers’ agents cited that home staging has a positive effect on the home buying process.
• 96% of realtors believe that home staging positively influences a buyer’s decision.
• 31% of buyers claimed staging their home increased their offer on a home.
• Home staging can sell your home 6-10% faster.
Here Is A Great Example:
We want to show you the differnece between a vacant home vs. a staged home and also show how simple things such as paint and carpet can make a HUGE difference.
This is a listing in Eagle that we took over after it sat on the market mid-year 2022 as the market started to decline.
The Seller took our advice and let us hire contractors, on his behalf, for new paint and carpet. We paid for the staging cost. It sold quickly with multiple offers and a “bidding war”. With minor updates and expense, we were able to net the Seller, after updates costs, $35k HIGHER than an offer presented by the other agent at a better time of the year. STAGING MATTERS!